Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Favorite quote

Day four of  blog everyday in may challenge . It was really hard to pick a quote I love because there are so many, But this one is one that has really changed my life.


"My past is nothing more than the trail that I left behind. What drives my life today is the energy that I generate in my present moments."
This quote is from a book I read by Wayne W. Dyer. "Your Sacred Self" . This book has really taught me a lot about being free and making the decision to let go of my past. I remember this quote every time I catch myself thinking about what I should of done before. It reminds me of a Spanish quote "Lo que paso, paso". This quote reminds me that my past doesn't define the person I am today. My mistakes from before do not matter in my present moments. I have made a decision to no longer dwell on the past and no longer think about what I should of changed. Your past is like the wake behind the boat. If you ever seen a boat go by you will notice the wake it leaves behind. It can be gentle or turbulent, but whatever kind of wake it is, it has absolutely nothing to do with the boat driving forward. Its just whats left behind. Who you are is not any of the stuff that you have. Let the past go, and the future will be easier. If you tell yourself it’s too hard, then you won’t take it on. But right now, for most people, it’s almost an impossibility to do so, because they’re so attached to “I am what I have”; “I am what I do”; “I am what my reputation is”; or “I am all of this material stuff.” Letting go of the past can be hard, but if that all you hang on to than you will never move forward. Can the trail that is left behind make the boat go forward ? YOUR PAST IS OVER ! Many people refer to the good old day that are gone forever as the reason they cant be happy and fulfilled today. I am proud to say that my past will never define who I am and who I will be. No label ever define me. LIVE THE NOW ! NOW is what you have, Now is all you will ever get. You indeed have a past, but not NOW, You indeed have a future but not NOW ! Eliminate the words "then" and "maybe" ... LIVE UP THE MOMENT NOW !




2 comments: