Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Embarrassing

Topic of the day is : Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.

Ahh ! I really have so many embarrassing moments that I cant even think of one. I haven't got embarrassed in a long time because I don't get embarrassed by anything anymore.
... 
One I will never forget was when I was 7 years old. I lived in Washington Heights all my live. I basically knew everyone in the mile radius. My whole family live in the same neighborhood (like very other Dominican family). 

One day my mom took my brother and I to grocery shop at our local bodega. While she was busy getting things for the house, I was staring at a basket of Bubaloo gum. And like any 7 year old, I begged my mom to buy me some candy, and of course she said NO!  

I got really sad, and just kept staring at it and playing with the basket. I don't know what came to mind when I thought, maybe I should put 2 in my pocket and my mom will never notice, and i did so. I remember feeling nervous at first, but then after we left the store I felt a little better. 
When i got home, I rushed to my room and stood behind the door and opened the gum up and started chewing it. After minutes of chewing it, I went to the kitchen and my mom asked me what I was chewing.. I didn't know what to say. I had a mouth full of gum and no idea what explanation to give my mom. So I started crying, My mom had told me before that I should never steal for anyone or anything. At age 7 those thing were pretty clear. 

After crying so much, I told my mom I got it from the store. She asked me so many questions on how I got it. I told her the truth and she made me spit the gum out and take it to the store. Now that I think about it, it was so disgusting to do that, but i had to learn my lesson that way. I walked to the store with tears in my eyes and my mom yelling her lungs out at me. When we got to the store, she made me tell the clerk what I have done and that I was sorry for doing it and I will never do it again. 

It might not sound embarrassing but the way my mom came about it was really embarrassing. She made me feel like such a criminal and everyone was just staring at me while buggers and tears were running down my face. I felt like wishing the ground would swallow me up. Its funny how I can still remember the exact feelings of that day and play it clear in my head !  



No comments:

Post a Comment