Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Being Diagnose with Hypothyroidism


When I was about 7 years old I was diagnosed with Hyper Hypothyroidism  I did not understand what it was, or what it went, or what it was doing to my body. I use to watch my mom cry every day because it was so chronic I couldn't walk because my joints were hurting so much. I remember that it was the first time I ever took a pill. I couldn't swallow it and that bitter taste in my mouth was AWFUL ! even thinking about it I can taste it in my mouth. The side effects were the worst. There were day when I couldn't get up from bed to go to school, I was sooo skinny my rib cage were showing and people would ask my mom why I was so thin. There was a lady who asked me once if my mom feeds me, and i just didn't know who to answer. I use to get random trembles, I would have ridiculous mood swings, and I believe during this time was when I first thought about suicide. I hated my self a bit. I didn't understand what was happening to my body or what I was going through. All I knew was that I was going to be like this for the rest of my life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment