Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Letting Go. BE FREE




Letting something go has to be the hardest thing. Once you get accustomed/adjusted/use to something its hard to see your self with out it. For me letting go is like taking a piece of me. But I have learned to let things go and not get attached to it. I have learned to let go of everything in my life, even the things that mean and matter the most to me. Before I learned to let go, I always thought about, what would I have left, and how lonely I would. No connections, no attachments, no friend or family. Just me. I cant lie I am still working on "letting go". I have been somewhat monastic lately and I cant lie its hard to detach yourself from things you been holding on to all your life. But I have discovered how free I feel. I have also witness  the peace and tranquility with acceptance and loving to everything. I'm not looking to be a monk or a nun, but I have notice that monks and nuns seem to have so much joy, peace and compassion. Yet every single one of them has chosen to let go of everything. They have chosen to get go of possessions because is not love and attachment causes suffering.  

Notice how after a break-up you may feel lost, lonely and all these negative feelings inside of you. That's because you were probably attached and dedicated so much to that person, that it hurts now that they are gone. And this is TOTALLY NORMAL ! Every human being has feeling towards something. And also notice that after a while with out being with that person you tend to forget about the pain and suffering you went through and you start living life and feeling a bit more freedom. 
( Here is the link to a post I wrote similar to this : Click HERE ! )


One way of letting go is to forgive yourself. Everything that you've done in your life up until this moment, you had to do. The proof of this is that you did it! The fact that we can’t erase the past says something to us. We are called on to forgive ourselves, to honor what is past, to love and respect it. Look back and say, “That’s what I needed to do, that’s the person I needed to be at that time in my life. I did that, and I’ve learned from it. Now I can move on.”

Let go of frustration with your life and yourself. Cry it out. YES ! If you have to cry, CRY ! If you have to step outside and yell at the world DO IT ! Make your self feel freedom. STOP DWELLING ON THING YOU CANT EVER CHANGE. Live the moment that it happening now because its all you will ever get. Let go of built up anger, because you aren't hurting anyone but yourself. Everything you have been through is an experience for the better you in the future. Accept yourself for who you are. Don't change for anything in this world. Its not an easy thing to wake up one day and decide to let go of something, it takes time. But first remember that YOU are more important, and YOUR feelings and happiness matter more. LOVE YOURSELF FIRST. 

When we all leave this earth, we leave with NOTHING. The house,cars, jewelry..ect will stay here. When you leave this earth you leave with the same thing you came with, NOTHING. So why stress over material things and people who give you a hard time ? Just simply wake up and realize that we are not just human being experiencing the earth, We are a SOUL/SPIRIT in a human form experiencing the earth.

Think of "letting go" as a way to be thankful and accepting the experiences that made you laugh, cry, and help you learn and grow. At times is also good to distance yourself for a while in order to gain some clarity on a situation. Take a break and explore something else for a certain amount of time. When you distance yourself from something, you return to where you started with a different point of view. 

Remember that YOU are in full control of your life, AND YOU decide where you want to head. If you want to let go and move on , you are the only person that can make it happen. REMEMBER YOU ARE WHAT MATTERS. Focus on what today has for you, negative experiences in the past do not have anything to do with your future. Once you let go YOU ARE FREE ! Free to be who you want, free to make yourself happy, free to do WHATEVER ! 

THE PAST CAN NOT BE CHANGED ! LET GO AND MOVE ON !!!








1 comment: